Saturday, February 28, 2009

Green Pinwheels

Today has been a great day all alone here at school. I got to do all kinds of things I usually just wish I had the time to do, like waste time taking pictures of things like food.

This semester I've made friends with a girl named Trang, whose family comes from Vietnam. It seems like every time I see Trang, she has some new tasty Asian snack for me to try. Since I love trying new foods, I love getting to see Trang :) Yesterday I stopped by her dorm room, and as custom, she loaded me down with all kinds of new goodies from the Asian market. I like most of the Asian food that I've tried so far, but some of the things she gave me this time... well they weren't my favorite.

There was one thing that she gave me, though that was quite tasty. I can't remember what she called it, but I woud call it a green pinwheel. It was about the size of a giant Subway cookie, and it was shaped like an American jelly roll. But instead of jelly rolled into cake this was made of a very lightly sweet and spongey bread filled with a light cream. This is an Asian sweet that I could certainly get used to!

2 comments:

  1. wow! I had no idea you were going to South Korea?! How long will you be there? How utterly exciting! I'll look forward to reading your blog :) and seeing new strange foods...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rachel!

    I am so glad I found my way to your blog. I love the picture. Sorry I ate the banana fruit-roll-up and you couldn't post a picture of it! Haha.

    Have a great rest of the break!

    ~ Alicia

    ReplyDelete