Sunday, May 24, 2009

Checklist

+ taste some kim chee
+ shots
+ plane ticket
+ passport
+ extra undies
+ backpack
+ last minute paperwork

check, check, check...

What is the first thing you do when you know you will be in South Korea for the entire summer? Get ready to go! But how do I spiritually prepare myself when I feel so small in light of God's big picture? This is the question I have been grappling with most over these last few weeks before I leave. I know the Sunday School answer: I am just the vessel doing the work of the Lord. I guess I've just struggled with truly grasping this concept that I am so well aware of in my mind. If I get everything on my list all checked off, yet fail to be spiritually prepared for this journey, what chance do I stand at really being prepared for what God has in store for this summer?

My "A-HA!" moment came when I was reading about the acts of the original apostles. No matter how inadequate I am, what matters is if they can see HIM through me.

"Now when they saw the BOLDNESS of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus." -Acts 4:13

4 comments:

  1. oh boy do you have adventure on your hands! I hope you will continue your blog while you are abroad (if possible)...I wouldn't worry too much about spiritual preparation, just trust in the Good Lord, and he'll point you in the right direction. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No checklists, just that walk of obedience that will lead you to greatest place you can ever be. Right instep with Father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Glad to meet you guys Sunday and I'll definitely be keeping up with your blog as you prepare to go. I consider it a joy to be able to pray for you!
    See you Wednesday!
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. God CAUSES all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 'CAUSES' means that He is active in making it happen. Because you love God and have responded to a call to His purpose (sharing Jesus around the globe), the Creator of the Universe is causing things to work together for good. Can anything stop that? Not! I have no greater joy than this, than to hear of my children walking in truth. Thank you for walking (running a marathon) in the truth.

    ReplyDelete