Saturday, May 16, 2009

SEVENTEEN little days.

AAAAHHHH! Where has the time gone?!?! Although I have only 17 short days left to prepare for my trip to South Korea, I believe the adventure has already begun.

This week has been very helpful in getting me into the right mindset. A close friend of mine, who is very experienced in international summer mission trips, met with me and a couple of other students who are also looking forward to summers of ministry. We met in the wee hours of the morning... 8 am (crazy I know!) ...to go over some of the basic spiritual principals of ministry and other things like team unity and seeing others with God's eyes. We talked about the four seasons of ministry... Ploughing--Sowing--Reaping--Harvesting ...

We also did some prayer walking around the college campus, which I was surprised to find somewhat of a challenge. I really felt challenged to see others through the eyes of Christ. It made me wonder how my actions would change if I were to be in a continual state of prayer.

I never cease to be amazed by the personal growth I experience when serving the Lord. It's like I get back so much more than what I ever give...

1 comment: